Sunday, May 27, 2012

Shows You the Most, Part 6

Logo by Travis Woodson
Electric Simcha will be playing June 9th at International Waters House in West Philadelphia. We're playing with Les Rhinocéros, and it will be a fun, potentially sweaty show! I did drop the ball on mentioning our first show since New Year's Eve at The Blockley with Slavic Soul Party and West Philadelphia Orchestra on May 19th (sorry for not posting about it, whomever reads this).

Time?: 8PM, roughly
Money?: $5 Donation, perhaps
Where Are You?: 532 S. 48th St. (btwn Hazel & Larchwood)
What's My Age?: All ages!




June 22nd: Music for Three Guitars: Arrangements and Compositions by Travis Woodson - "The music that you will be hearing is a preview of some material I have worked on for the past year. I basically wanted to come up with a series of compositions and/or arrangements I thought would translate easily for this type of instrumentation, as well as be inquisitive of the sound possibilities. With the aid of Alban Bailly and Nick Millevoi, you will hear music from some of my favorite composers like Ornette Coleman, Morton Feldman, György Ligeti, and a special piece, originally written for solo guitar, by Philadelphia's own Eric Slick. I will also be sharing a few of my own compositions, including a song I wrote while in Make a Rising that didn't make the cut. I'm quite fond of how these turned out, and would love to share these ideas with everyone as I'm going through this process. Together, we will finally solve the age-old question: How many guitarist does it take to screw in a light bulb?" Link
Time?:  8PM
Money?: FREE, but you can donate
Where Are You?: The Rotunda - 4014 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA
What's My Age?: All ages!

Logo by Erik Ruin
Split Red will be heading up to Death by Audio in Brooklyn on June 24th. We will be playing with Tom Blancarte, Louise D.E. Jensen, Tim Dahl, and Weasel Walter in different configurations throughout the night.
Time?:  8PM
Money?: $7
Where Are You?: 49 S. 2nd St., Brooklyn, NY
What's My Age?: Questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment